Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Half (past) a Semester

We are officially in week 6 of classes out of a 12 week semester. I have been in Wales for 7 weeks. Where has it gone already?? It's crazy to think how fast and yet how slow that time seems to have gone. It has flown by, for sure, between classes and friends and rainy days. But at the same time it feels like we've been here for far longer than just shy of 2 months. Somehow, I came to a seemingly random country, of which so many people ask "is it a country??", and found best friends.

That is what I am dedicating this week to. Because without these people, whom I have known only a very short time, I would be lost.

This weekend was again castle free, but it was not fun-free. Friday night Cat and I made the executive decision to put away the sweatpants and go out, and out we went. We recruited Diego and Ad, and Ad recruited a couple of her friends, and we were on a roll. All in all a fun night of good people and good drinks, but no dancing :( stupid bar.

Saturday was costume mission day. We were having a party that night and neither Cat nor I had a costume of any kind figured out. After a long and wet afternoon, we ultimately bought nothing and scraped some things together from Cat's closet. Hooray for overpacking. So then we had our party, crashed an undergrad house party (we are bad-ass postgrads), and moved on to a couple of pubs. We had a tragedy later in the night which I will not go into, but be assured that in the end everyone is okay. That event has made all of us think, but for me mostly I have thought about the friendships I have made that are so secure already. These people are new family, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.














Summary:    holy sheets we're halfway through the semester already, and I <3 my friends. Oh, and Happy November!

3 comments:

  1. Well ain't you the cutest thing in your bovine get up. I was going to make some cow-tipping joke, but I figured that wouldn't actually go over well. So instead, I'll just link the Magical Trevor flash.

    Here you go: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/magical+trevor/ ^_^

    *insert some equally awesome Olive Oyl joke here in reference to Cat's costume*

    I'm glad you've met so many awesome people. I to have met many awesome people in my adventures of crazy places as well, like... McLean... and... the Dulles Toll Road! Blog to follow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you've been asked if Wales is a country? Lemme guess: only from Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is a complicated situation. They're a country, but they're not really their own....Even the Brits can't really explain it.

    ReplyDelete