Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And then there was one

Okay so today is not blog day. Sorry to be a day late, but I had a posting issue yesterday (read: I forgot)

So this is my last week in Bangor, and I'm busier than ever. Between running errands to sort things that need to be sorted, participate in a bunch of different experiments to help people out, and starting to analyze my own thesis data I've been all booked up and it's only Wednesday. On Monday I closed my bank account. Kaput. Bye bye Barclays. So now I'm rolling around town with absurd amounts of cash to last the week and then euros for Italy as well, all in hilarious fashion.

Yesterday, as part of my errands, I wandered allllll the way over to Normal Site (another section of the University that's pretty out of the way). It was kind of a long walk, but it turned out to have some really pretty views. I had only ever passed by there on a bus once or twice and hadn't noticed before. After I got to my destination and got the information I needed, I decided to snap a couple of pictures on the way back. I'm sure I looked crazy to all the cars driving by but the sky had cleared up a bit and I wanted to have something pretty to show you all in the blog this week (that I thought I was going to be posting last night). Unfortunately, blogger is having a heart attack and won't let me add pictures no matter how I try it right now, so you can't see them. I will try again later and see if it has calmed down and is ready to cooperate then. Meanwhile, imagine the Menai Strait, the pier, and sailboats, green rolling hills, and cows.


The rest of the week looks like it'll be just as busy as the beginning has been. I've got more experiments to participate in for people, lots more stats/analysis to melt my brain with, and several more "loose ends" to get squared away before the weekend. Then on the weekend I've got to clear out all my things I'm neither keeping nor shipping and get everything out because Sunday..... I leave!

My train out of Bangor is at about 7:00pm to Manchester, then I'll stay overnight at a hotel to get up at the crack of dawn on Monday for a 6:15am flight heading to ROMA! Then I'm off for a week in Italia with Eric visiting Venice and Florence/Tuscany. I'm excited. Very excited.

Arrivederci! Next thing you know, I'll be seeing you stateside!

1 comment: