Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Penultimatum

I have less than 2 weeks left in Bangor.

Let that one soak in for a bit. Seems crazy. Two weeks from right now, I will be in Italy, having packed up/ shipped off/ thrown out everything in this room of mine for good. It's a weird thing to wrap my brain around given the ups and downs of this whole year here. A big part of me is happy to be going home (with a pit stop in Italy, no less!), but it's a small part bittersweet. It's been an interesting year. And mostly now there's just a lot of things I need to take care of. Like make an appointment to close my bank account. And figure out how to ship home whatever crap I don't want to cart around on my trip. Most importantly, I'm trying to make sure I do the things and see the people I need to see to be happy and satisfied when I leave.

Towards that effort, last week I spent lots of time down the hill with friends just hanging out. The weather's been really nice for the most part too. One night we had a barbecue-turned-backyard-bonfire which was really fun.

This weekend a couple of us went to the beach over on Anglesey. Definitely a different style of beach trip than I typically associate with a "hot" June day (ie. still wearing long pants and not touching the water) but it was still fun. Just a chill afternoon out enjoying the weather with some gorgeous scenery.

So that's the story for the next 2 weeks. Tying up lots of loose ends, sorting out the details of finishing up here. And first and foremost, having fun :)

1 comment:

  1. I approve of your title choice, that's an awesome word. Also, hooray fire and hooray beach!

    ReplyDelete