Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blog Delay

Oopsies. Started writing the blog on time, then got distracted by "studying". Will finish and post promptly after my exam today :) Sorry!

Aaaaand here it is:

I thought I'd kick this week's post off with a picture. I haven't posted too many here lately. Turns out, you don't have to go far to see some beautiful things. The sunset over the mountains is a view straight out my window. I love the reflection in the windows

We're now in Week 7 of the second semester here.... time sure is a-flyin! While that is kind of cool and exciting, it also means that I have an exam on Wednesday this week. Not just any midterm exam either- an Advanced Statistics exam. Gross. Typically I hate stats with a passion. It's just no fun at all. However for this exam, we were given data a week ahead to run through the stats software SPSS and pull together our output. Then, we can take all that output with any notes, calculations, the textbook, whatever we want into the exam. We get an hour to answer the questions about our data using what we ran in SPSS. There's a chance that this could be okay, but there's also a chance that it'll be super confusing. [Note: since I'm not posting this til Wednesday, after my exam, I can inform you that it wasn't too painful].

Over the weekend, I definitely took advantage of the recently nice weather. Hung out with friends, met some people, spent time outside- all in all a good few days. Saturday I went shopping with Diego to help him get some new spring clothes. Though not as sunny, it was still nice to be outside for a couple hours. Friday, after doing some stats work, I met a friend for coffee which then turned into meeting up with a friend of his and wandering around high street for a bit. Wandering then turned into going up to Roman camp to watch the sunset. It's a beautiful spot wayy up a hill (I think I've mentioned it before) that looks over both the city of Bangor and much of the Menai Strait. I took this as a great opportunity to play with my new fancy camera.

On the way up to Roman camp, I got sidetracked by a patch of such brightly colored little flowers. Something about the vibrant colors of the petals is such a stark contrast against Wales with its often-grey skies, and abundant use of dark grey stone on buildings, walls, and roads. They were so pretty I just had to stop.

















Finally, I stopped holding us up and we climbed the hill. As we stood up there, the views were (as always) impressive, and slowly the sun began to set and paint pink and orange across the sky

So I started and ended the post with sunsets. Clearly I didn't plan this well. Or maybe I did?

Come up with some sort of symbolism and we'll just say it was on purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Symbolism eh? Something about coming full circle? Ever realize a sunset kind of looks like a fermata? Did I mention my band FERMATA?

    Also, those pictures are rather stellar. Good work buddy. I particularly like the second one of the flowars.

    Grats on the stats exam also

    ReplyDelete