Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's Chester-tastic

For a nice change of pace, this week I actually have something interesting to share!

This past weekend, Dan invited a couple of us to go with him to his house in Chester. A welcome opportunity to a) get out of Bangor, and b) see some more of the UK. Also, just to have a good time. Naturally, I jumped at the offer and so Dan, myself, Diego, and Franzi set off Friday night. Louise came out for a day as well.

The big plan for Saturday was to go to a place called the Crocky Trail. Basically a mud-ridden obstacle/adventure course type thing mostly designed for smaller kids but also still really entertaining for big kids. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the shenanigans that went down here. Given the likelihood of falling and either breaking the camera or drowning it in mucky stream water, I decided it was best not to carry it around with me. Feel free to google it and check out images of happy dirt-caked kids grinning as they swing across mud puddles and over rickety bridges.

Following the Crocky Trail, it was decided that we were in need of some delicious ice cream refreshment, so we went to a place called Snugbury's (or, as Dan originally called it, Snuggleberries. Obviously I prefer that one).



We also found piggies. Franzi wanted to steal one. We named this one Mister Oink Oink
From this place, we could see a castle, which Dan had apparently never been to. Once we were able to tear ourselves away from the adorable oinkers, we made our way over to Beeston Castle. Apparently you can see something like 8 or 9 counties from it, as it sits way up on a hill. Amazing views. (Click on the pictures to see them bigger)






On Sunday, we went for a wander around the city of Chester itself. It's an old walled city so we walked around the entire length of the walls, saw the cathedral, Chester castle, a park, a little mini train, the high street, etc.




We also went to the movies, played multiple games of the Big Taboo, and had an all-round jolly good time. A weekend well spent for sure.

Now this week, it's back to chilling in Bangor. However, I have a very pleasant change coming in the form of my dear Catrin who is coming to hang out for a night or two, then taking me back with her to Cambridge for the weekend. Lucky for you, that means more pictures next week! Lucky for me, that means I get to see my Catcat for a good few days :)

Check you next week- same bat time, same bat channel

1 comment:

  1. Look at you nerd-queen. Traipsing around medieval castles. Next thing I know I'll run into you at Otakon cosplaying a medieval princess. There will be an awkward silence, an then we'll just carry on.

    ReplyDelete